On-Demand lets you pay for compute capacity by the hour with no long-term commitments or upfront payments. You can increase or decrease your compute capacity depending on the demands of your application and only pay the specified hourly rate for the instances you use. PvDC On Demand is intended for non-production applications such as test dev. PvDC always strives to have enough On-Demand capacity available to meet your needs, but during periods of very high demand, it is possible that you might not be able to launch specific On-Demand instance types in a particular Availability Zone for a short period of time.
On-Demand is recommended for:
• Users that want the low cost and flexibility of PvDC without any up-front payment or long-term commitment
• Dynamic architecture is ideal for pre-production and transient workloads
• Applications being developed or tested on PvDC for the first time (Proof of Concept)
• Workloads that are transient in nature (Test/Dev, etc.)
PvDC Select provides you with a significant discount as compared to our On-Demand Instance pricing, and it provides a fixed pricing model that can be budgeted against. You are assured that your Reserved Resources will always be available for your application in the datacenter region in which they were purchased. This environment is intended for production applications that have steady state or predictable compute needs. Both, PvDC Select and On-Demand perform identically.
PvDC Select is recommended for:
• Applications with steady state or predictable usage
• Applications that require reserved capacity
• Fixed cost model allows for consistent budgeting